Fully assembled with a open steel frame and now with the Solidoodle all-metal extruder, our $599 machine provides an 8” x 8” heated aluminum build plate to give you more room for larger 3D prints!
The 3rd Generation 3D printer provides a 8”x8”x8” build area, doubling the volume of our 2nd Generation printer, and now comes standard with our all-metal aluminum extruder, making it even easier to swap out filaments and perform simple maintenance procedures when needed.
With Solidoodle’s original open-frame steel design and heated aluminum build plate to help prevent warping on larger prints, the 3rd Generation printer gives makers a great 3D printer option, with amazing features at an unbeatable value. Fully assembled, all you need to do is install our free software and connect to a computer to start printing.
International Shipping: For international orders customs fees, import taxes and VAT may apply and are not included in the shipping costs charged by Solidoodle. Please note that we cannot estimate your country's import taxes at this time. For an estimate we suggest Duty Calculator.
• Creates plastic parts up to 8" x 8" x 8"
• Uses 1.75mm plastic filament (ABS/PLA)
• Heated Build Platform
• 13.5" x 14" x 14" case footprint (L x W x H)
• Durable metal frame
• Fully assembled and tested
• Open-source software, downloadable on our website, see our guide on How To Install Software
Please note, you need an internet connection to download the software, a disc is not included.
• Able to print .STL & .DXF files
• Windows, Mac, & Linux compatible
What's in the box?
• Solidoodle 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Small roll of starter filament (enough for a few test prints)
• Power supply
• USB Cable
• 2.5mm Allen Key
• Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) a.k.a Thermoplastic Extrusion
• Solidoodle Motherboard
• Extruder moves in the horizontal plane (X-Y), Build Platform (moves in the vertical direction (Z)
• Spring-loaded aluminum extruder with stepper motor and .4mm nozzle
• Uses 1.75mm ABS and PLA filaments.
• Power supply works on US Voltage (120V) or European Voltage (240V)
• Able to print .4mm, .3mm, .2mm, .1mm